Calibrating Volt Meters

production

That may be, but like an old mechanical Timex watch, I just keep on ticking.

BTW, is that lead or lead, or maybe even lead? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

production

A webpage at an office supply for mechanical pencil refills would also count as a hit.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Thanks for a lot of good ideas. I like the idea of the instrument op amp and some sort of a reasonable voltage source. Maybe I will check the stability of zeners for the source.

JakeInHartsel

Reply to
Glenn jacobs

Hell, one can sell the banned Freons if you have them; i was talking about the batteries being *made*.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Most zeners are not stable and one would have to calibrate it and put it in a constant temperature oven and... A number of *good* references have been mentioned that do not need that kind of babysitting.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:oCPlg.8311$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

TEK video generators had a nice simple 2 transistor circuit for a temp oven for their reference crystals,used a thermistor and a Darlington for the heater.The whole thing fit in a little metal box about 2" square. The oven will require some substantial amount of power,though,not really a battery type of project.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik