Calc. # turns to get coil resistence

re

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Dan

quoted text -

Nah, It works just fine. (though it's a PITA to get it all to lie straigth) the only problem is at the edges where the wire turns over. You always get a bump there. I've been wondering what coils made from copper tape are like? Is the resistance too low?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

quoted text -

We need square wire.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

G'

hat

),

id

wire

.

y to

not

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

ide quoted text -

ide quoted text -

Oh they sell that... MWS has all sizes.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

or even

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Not even an original tedious old fool... not that many of you are.

How's business in Texas?

John

Hey, don't malign this '60s music! It was important to these geezers, back when they were middle-aged.

John

When comments from the likes of you are always the same, then it's
difficult to reply to them in an original, non-tedious way.
Reply to
John Fields

--
It _still_ is.

who did you listen to back when you were middle aged?
Reply to
John Fields

I don't care for music. I'd rather read a book.

John

How many 555s will that involve?

John

[snip]

In the '60's I was in my 20's.

When Larkin was middle-aged, the ice age kept him seeking warmth... he got that from watching BU strippers ;-)

Bee Ba Da Bee Ba Da Beep Beep :-) ...Jim Thompson

Just one.
Reply to
John Fields

What do you think about this timing diagram?:

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Nice! Reminds me of my kids learning violin via the Suzuki method. ...Jim Thompson

Do you play a musical instrument?
Reply to
John Fields

Obviously not. I don't care for music.

John

Be fair.

Larkin's way younger than either of us, so I guess he missed the
impact of the '60's and, by his own admission, missed the music and
the meanings behind the poems.

You may have also.

Do you remember:

Procol Harum
Vanilla Fudge
Rotary Connection
Jefferson Airplane
Janis
Country Joe and the Fish
Cream
Jimi
The Mothers of Invention
Sly and the Family Stone

?

Just as an aside, have you ever enjoyed the fellowship of toking on
weed with someone you bought it from?
Reply to
John Fields

I think maybe 10 years younger at most. He's clearly mentally older... so senile he doesn't know it ;-)

Some. Remember, I was a geek/nerd, and headed off to MIT right at the start of the rock era, so I don't know all of them :-)

But I _do_ have a complete collection of Elvis, the Beatles, John Cash, and Willy Nelson... plus a huge collection of classical stuff starting from the Middle Ages ;-)

No ;-) I think I've had one joint and one snort in all my lifetime... neither one gave me anything... probably because of a genetic "feature" where they even have trouble anesthetizing me for surgery.

It's easier now, with modern anesthesia, but back in the ether days, they couldn't put me out with that... took massive additions of morphine to put me under.

Besides, I prefer wine ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Mediaeval Baebes?

Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

We have flat conductor, it's called tape-bar conductor.

Also, copper pipe is used for the same reason.

(Eddy currents).

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie