Building a high power mosfet switch with NTC

I am trying to build a mosfet switch with a NTC to softstart a filament bulb.

I modified an existing circuit that was designed for lower volts and lower amps and upgraded the mosfet and ntc to support 36-50V at about

15 amps (+/- 4A)

But I do not know how to ensure I have selected the proper resistors in this circuit to use this mosfet properly. If I am running 44 volts do I need to drop the voltage going to GS to actually turn the mosfet on ? If I need to drop the voltage that is actually switching the fet how do I calculate that ?

I am using this mosfet

and have traced out this possible schematic

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
eric