Brushless motor question - consequences when mechanically driven

Sorry, maybe I stated it wrong

Just meant to say that any shape can be done, only the imagination sets th e limit

I have only modified earlier designs, but it is fun, and a little hard to m ove into that field when I am learning by doing ?

There is a lot on the web about electronics design, but very limited on mot or design

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

20+ years ago silicon intelligence and FETs were expensive but human intelligence was more abundant - nowadays the situation is reversed :)

piglet

Reply to
piglet

Of course very few resources on the web on that topic.

Best regards, Habib

Reply to
habib

Yep. I label the current crop of "engineers" as the "copy & paste crowd". If they can't copy a circuit from an app note or a text book they're absolutely dead-in-the-water.

Some of the questions posted here... I just roll my eyes and sigh... killfile the subject... and go pour myself another glass of wine ;-) ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

nonsense, there are good engineers and there are bad engineers and it has a lways been like that

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I've been "officially" in this biz for 55+ years. I guarantee that the percentage of "good" is less now than 55 years ago.

And I'm willing to prove that "by examination" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

And what did people in your position say when you were young? They almost certainly made the same statements.

When at school, I remember thinking the 25 year old pure maths A-level exam questions seemed especially hard.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

:)

has always been like that

People learn more over time, hence their view of the world changes.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yep. When I hit Motorola in 1962 some old fart opined that my circuit _absolutely_ couldn't be working as I claimed. He was wrong... my patent 3,491,301 Integrated Harmonic Mixer ;-)

(PDF on my website, near bottom of home page.)

When I stop learning I'll "throw the switch". What concerns me is that recent graduates don't have the basic skills with which to continue learning... besides, most of them are majoring in "Trans-Gender Studies" or other basket-weaving-level majors >:-} ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

ck,

man

ed :)

ook

it has always been like that

The question is whether that's any different to previous generations. I sus pect human nature doesn't change much, even if the fashions & fads do. You' re just looking at it from a different viewpoint now.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I don't know. I see this "ANTIFA" crowd who can't answer a simple question about their own government.

And I look at my grandkids... not a one has let me down.

And I watch a son-in-law telling the college graduate dating my third to oldest granddaughter, "Get your act together, or you're history" ;-)

Is that happening elsewhere?

I think American family expectations are gone :-( ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

When there was a more limited palette of components to work from making innovative products demanded utmost ingenuity!

piglet

Reply to
piglet