British Line and Netural Conventions?

The only prick is you.

If you do we will prosecute you.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Looking towards the wall socket. The top pin is the earth. The right hand side pin is live The left hand side pin is neutral.

It has been known for some people to connect neutral to earth.

Marra

I'm looking at a dual outlet on the wall here, and it's sideways! Ground on the left.

John

Everybody's seen a standard US outlet:

But I think they'd be much cuter if they didn't look so unhappy:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise