Bought a cheap hot-air workstation. (2023 Update)

By cheap, I mean $159 Australian.

This is what happened the first time I tried to change the nozzle.

Turns out the metal tube that is meant to contain the heating element is held in place only by friction.

So is the nozzle.

So when removing the nozzle, it's just a matter of which friction wins. Not sure why the nozzle was so well attached, but it was.

The tube can be reattached, but the ground connection has been compromised, making it unsafe.

I expect I'll get a refund.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Doesn't look familiar.

The guns and the controllers can have widely varying origins and still end up in the same retail box. The guns are repairable and replaceable, if that is more convenient.

You might check to see if the controller's line fuse and on/off switch are safely configured. This isn't something that a replacement can fix - you'd have to change yourself, if you don't want a transformer meltdown (there is likely no thermal protection either).

I doubt there's a safety file anywhere that would be compromised in doing so.

RL

Reply to
legg

I bought one of the hot air stations that had a similar air wand and a soldering pencil a few years ago and sofar it has been fine. Forgot what I paid, but it was less than $ 100 US dollars. They are even less now. Not a great hot air wand,but works well enough for a hobby. For what I do and thhe price I have been pleased with it. Would not buy one if I was in business using one every day.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Haier.. no problem.

DJI.. no problem