best burrito in the USA

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

You sure that thing hasn't been "pre-eaten"? Cuz it sure likes like it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You don't like mashed-up avocados? That's just euro-centric prejudice. They look like mashed potatoes, only green.

Looks tasty to me. I'll have to try them some time.

We have a taco truck right across the street, $3 for a nice carnitas taco. I think I'll head there right now.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I think the world's best breakfast burrito is at the Flying Star in Albuquerque (or maybe Rio Rancho) NM.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Den torsdag den 11. september 2014 21.36.05 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

it does look like baby poop and someone who had too much to drink after eating chili ;)

but once it's wrapped up all that matter is the taste and I'm sure it is delicious

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"Breakfast burrito" is still a shocking concept to me.

Of course, eating a silly little croissant and some coffee first thing in the morning is another euro-centric concept. In most places around the world, people eat real food for breakfast.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That's why they wrap it up and crimp the ends. Raviolis and sausages and gyoza are like that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

t.

What's the problem with scrambled eggs and a big bowl of steel-cut oats swe etened with honey, sprinkled with flaxseed meal and flavored with some alm ond milk? And of course the usual four cups coffee, sweetened with stevia.. .Prep time is only a few minutes. If you have heartburn with egg cholestero l then just use the whites.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You sure that thing hasn't been "pre-eaten"? Cuz it sure likes like it.

I have no problem with that, as long as I don't have to eat it. Stevia? Almond milk? No problem, just diversity, which is fiiiiinnneee. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You may not realize it, but you have a genetic inheritance of the types of foods that you can assimilate best. I'm just guessing, but something tells me kidney beans and chili peppers are not in the mix.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Umm, it's repulsive? Oatmeal tastes like glue to me.

How about a Pancake Descending a Staircase?

Or bread pudding.

Fried grits, day after regular grits:

Or a nice mathematical waffle?

No dispute about the coffee.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Pfft. They obviously didn't try La Tolteca on Van Buren in Phoenix.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Steel-cut oats is not "oatmeal" and it doesn't taste like glue. Just something else you don't know anything about.

That's a lot of high carb and fructose fluff.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

My wife likes that stuff. I cook it for her, but I won't eat it.

I have taught her to love grits.

Fructose is a known contaminant of fruits.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

This is just link bait, but I think you already guessed that. You would need the same team going around the country and comparing burritos.

Personally, if I never had to go to the Mission District in SF for the rest of my life, it would be fine by me. You can get better food in Berkeley, and not have to be armed.

Reply to
miso

All fine I would say except for the green shit. Just seeing that makes me lose my appetite. Can't even stand the smell of it.

Anyway, i think if you order a Chipotle's burrito right it is good. I gt double meat, no beans or rice, yes lettuce and all that and sour cream.

They have three major meats to pick from, and right now I don't recall the one I get. But it's damn good shredded beef.

for all I know they could be a local outfit. If that is the case just let this go out the other ear.

Reply to
jurb6006

It is possible to come down with fatty liver disease from too much fruit, believe it or not.

All those little "stylish" meals of yours are just little old lady food, enjoy your sarcopenia.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Their Sofritas (tofu) is actually very good. For a fast food chain they're excellent.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Fat alcoholics get FLD. I'm not at risk. Blueberries and melons and stuff are good for you now and then.

First time I've heard grits described as "stylish."

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Just be careful walking around town stepping off curbs and things. You might end up breaking one of your fragile little old lady bones...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred