Basic doubt

I want to know some basics in electronics.I am new to this group. Could any one tell me what is this LNB setup,polarisation,symbol rate why we give some preference to this things during running any stream

Reply to
raghu

On 23/12/2005 the venerable raghu etched in runes:

If you want to learn basic electronics, then trying to understand satellite data communications is not the best place to start.

You would be much better off reading sci.electronics.basics and having a go at building a crystal set for receiving AM radio transmissions.

--
John B
Reply to

Polarisation refers to the actual satellite signal, symbol rate to the speed of the data encoded therein and these are important because we presumably want to decode the signal.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Do they still sell crystal sets?

I took a quick scan via google and wasn't deluged with ads for them.

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

First page of google search found 4 hits: (had to dig a little)

Donald

DSE has them for sale

David

Hal Murray wrote: