bad vendor: Boone

The Boone dry-erase boards are crap... they smear and don't erase. Looks like paint over particle board to me.

Marsh Industries makes a very nice porcelanized-steel whiteboard.

John

If you ever have someone inadvertently use a Sharpie on your white board, don't panic... denatured alcohol will take it right off. In fact I clean mine about once a month that way... takes the filminess right off.

...Jim Thompson

I miss my MA office - 3 of the four walls were whiteboard, floor to ceiling.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I always put a coat of Turtle Wax hard shell paste wax on dry erase boards to seal the pores. You can still write on them, and they are a lot easier to clean.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I am not sure what a sharpie is (slang for permanent marker?) but a permanent marker can be cleaned off by using a standard whiteboard marker, on a quality whiteboard.

The kiwis call a permanent marker a 'vivid', pronounced a 'vuved'. Us aussies call it a 'nikko' as in 'nick - oh'

Reply to
The Real Andy

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sharpie is one of our major permanent marker brands.

Hmmm? You overwrite the permanent with whiteboard marker? That's probably why the denatured alcohol works, smells about the same as the whiteboard marker.

You guys sure do talk funny ;-)

...Jim Thompson

The "low odor" whiteboard markers are terrible. The Office Depot house brand is the great old smelly kind.

They sure do. Why doesn't everybody learn standard American so they can understand orders properly?

John

Back a few years ago, the company was moving from offices in the Kiewitt building to a new location downtown. Our R&D group, after finding that the old offices were being completely renovated, went to all the offices and 'rescued' the big 4x8 whiteboards from them. In the new lab space, we basically had workbench - whiteboard - whiteboard - workbench - whiteboard -whiteboard - workbench...

had about 8 of them all set up, so each engineer could do his own project with 'do not erase' on it...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Where have you been? Everyone I know uses Sharpies as CD markers, etc - I have three on my desk now (Melbourne). Graphic artists love them too.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Indeed we do, diphthongs are our speciality :)

That and the Haka. Oh yeah, and beating Aussie at netball. I wont mention Cricket, as NZ has had a team of specialty fielders pretty much since Hadlee and Crowe (yep, his cousin) retired. Its pretty embarassing to lose to Zimbabwe.

OTOH its a wonder old horny warne could do so well on the pitch; one would think he'd be too exhausted to play ;)

Cheers Terry, who doesnt actually care about sports at all, except kickboxing.

Reply to
Terry Given