Alright, what's this then?

I can't find anything to support that idea unless this is what you mean.

That is not really the same thing as the tube is not flat and the beam is not "bent" from its straight path onto the surface, it is just scanned in the raster pattern.

--

Rick
Reply to

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:13:00 -0500, rickman Gave us:

You refer to display technology. THEY have curved tubes.

A camera tube of that era IS a flat image surface onto which the camera optics casts the photonic information they gather.

The rear part of the tube was that same diameter as the face. Looks like a big, already clean-cut prepped cigar.

The "vidicon" which appears UNDER that photo, when you kill it IS the type I refer to.

Vidicons were used in TV studio cameras well into the '70s. Remember the lag and burn on the early football game airings? I do.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno