Aldinc EPAD MOSFET Spice models

So there I was thinking that I like the look of these devices (EPAD MOSFETs) so I thought I'd go and download the spice models and have a play, but alas I couldn't find any anywhere.

I contacted Aldinc and requested models and they replied asking for my company details, my fax phone number and web-site, wife's mobile number etc. and said I would have to fill in an NDA!

Is this normal today? I though that vendors would be only too willing to propogate spice models for the devices they provide but it seems that I'm being a little naive.

I'm not sure if I can tweak ordinary MOSFET models or not - anyone know? I don't need 100% accuracy, just a nominal fit.

Reply to
davew

davew snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

No, it is not really normal. Just tell them "No thanks, I will just use some other part."; and see how they respond.

Reply to
JosephKK

Thanks, I didn't think so. I've already got back to them saying as much but they haven't responded. There must be something in the Spice models which isn't apparent in the data sheets otherwise they would have nothing to lose. I can manage without the models anyway but it's just inconvenient not to be able to plant them into my intended circuit.

Reply to
davew

davew snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

If you, or someone you work with, has the time, tools, and expertise it is relatively straightforward to derive a decent model from measured device parameters. A curve tracer and a LCR meter are pretty well required.

Reply to
JosephKK