10kv, 10ma, 1ms, switch

No, it's not. The part that does the actual switching is the air (or vacuum) gap. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise
  1. Relays generally eplloy air or vacuum so they can hardly be called solid state.

  1. If you use a discharge device you will need to commutate it or turn it off. This is often done by using a second device and a capacitor in power control circuits. Anther way which is often used in pulse radar sets is to use resonate the output capacitor.

Personally I'd use a trigered spark gap, but that's just me.

Another realistic possibility is to take a lower voltage pulse (say 500 volts) and just step it up to 10KV. This makes the parts on the primary at a more tractable voltage level. with a transformer.

Reply to
lawlopez

There are some high voltage shunt regulators but I'm not sure if they are available.

6HZ5 is rated at 6KV 7235 is rated at 10KV PD500 is rated at 25KV.

These are all from a parametric search on using the TDSL program from

There are probably much more modern devices available.

Reply to
lawlopez