1 cell to 3v3

has anyone any advice/pointers on using one AA cell to get 3v3? I have looked at chips from Linear, Maxim and Nat Semi, but before plodding down a path with one would like to hear from users of these for pitfalls recomendations etc. I want to power a little audio amplifier for headphones from the cell, and want a single AA to keep the enclosure small. any advice or pointers to other methods gratefully appreciated. regards Anthony

Reply to
Anthony C Smith

3v3?  Oh, then, you must mean an A² cell.
Reply to
John Fields

What current are you targeting? I'd expect there aren't many pitfalls associated with these devices. Just look for startup voltages that are compatible with low-battery conditions and efficiencies that will allow the one cell to last a while. You may be able to get a demo board for a reasonable price ($20?) from one of those companies.

Reply to
John_H

Hello Anthony,

What pitfalls? Look at the TPS61xxx family from Texas. Around a Dollar in quantities.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Thanks - I didn't even know of these parts- BTW the current I am after is about 30mA, with peaks of 70 mA with audio (probably from storage caps inductor isolated from the feedback loop output cap to preserve stability)

Does anyone know of a discreet version to save being manufacturer tied? or am I peeing in the wind? Anthony

Reply to
Anthony C Smith