???

Do tell. Was this a physical position, an economic position, a social position, or what?

What evidence changed your mind?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

John, I think you are mis reading what Phil wrote and meant. (I was a little confused too.) and he's not anything like the rest of the stuff you write.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

This is not the forum for this discussion. Suffice to say it was my commitment to a rational epistemology.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Oh, you can duck the question if you like. But you can't claim a privileged status for your view. "Rational", forsooth.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Phil, you're a lovely guy. I'd love to discuss this over a beer sometime. I've even written about it - quite a lot, in fact. I just don't wish to continue this discussion here.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Sure, if you're prepared to stop calling me nasty names because you got your nose out of joint.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I didn't call you anything. I described your behaviour, and illustrated by comparing it to related behaviour.

See, there's the difference again.

BTW, the key point in my response above was "epistemology". Everyone thinks they're rational (more or less), so it's a nonsense category. But when you start seriously asking "where do ideas/beliefs come from?", it opens a whole can of worms.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

"Related" in the sense of containing all the (excrement) you could find to fling at me. Much like a howler monkey.

So rational, so compassionate, so....well, not.

I might remind you, my alleged sins were to ask 'medusa' if she were Australian, and then (with a smiley!) to say that "you lot do have a bit of form here."

I was teasing the saner Aussies here very gently, but (apparently without self-awareness) you've done nothing but put yourself in the antipodean loonie camp.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I never said he was! I named no names, it was a generalization based on my experience with religious fanatics.

I don't consider Phil a religious fanatic, he was just asking me to clarify what I wrote. As I am not a professional writer, I am only too happy to receive constructive criticism such as that and wish to make what I say clearer to folks. They can then agree or disagree with it, but at least they know pretty much what I meant to say.

I wasn't offended or anything!

And sometimes I don't read things fully and digest them fully before spouting off. However I suspect I am not alone in doing that ...

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Hmm OK. I guess I'd just like everyone to treat everyone with kindness and generosity. You can't listen to a religious fanatic, if you are painting them all with the same brush. Now sure a few religious fanatics will be assholes. But some of them might have something to teach you.

George H. (who will be leading a chorus of kumbaya later this evening around the camp fire. :^)

Reply to
George Herold

Would you please do me the honor of classifying me as a religious fanatic? In my religion I score extra points when a pompous secular pontificator calls me a fanatic.

, he was just asking me to

Reply to
blocher