Z8 chips with Tiny Basic

I have a few tubes of NOS Z8 micros (40 pin DIP) which are mask ROM types containing a Tiny Basic. You can just hook them up to a terminal and code directly. Alternatively you can add external ROM and RAM for bigger programmes.

Anyone interested in these or should I just bin them?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Maybe Tom Pittman would like them as historical keepsakes (he created Tiny Basic, remember?).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'll take a tube if they aren't gone. My son is about to hit programming age... [my Email is valid till it gets overwhelmed, then it increments logically] I'd be happy to pay shipping from the UK to the US if no-one on that side of the pond wants them.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I'll offer something for trade, if you don't want to ebay them. email rec -at- usbmicro -dot- com with Z8671 in the subject line.

They are (likely) the Z8671. Used to play with these a lot, long ago. Would be a fun trip down memory lane to do that again.

Reply to
Huey

This is what it says on the devices:

Zilog Z8 Z0867108 PEC BASIC/DBG

8828 SR02

The last line is obviously the date code and 8671 is dead centre of the second line so it looks like that's the ones.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

"Ian Bell" schreef in bericht news:446425bb.0@entanet...

Ian,

I like those things. So if the alternative is to throw them away I'd like to have them. My e-mail address contains the Dutch version of leavethisout andthistoo. Otherwise I have a hotmail address. Which is on my nickname petrusdotbitbyter. Problem may become shipment cost but if you can provide the amount, a name and accountnumber I think my bank can handle it.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Happy to let you have a tube - but I cannot work out your email - can you spell is out for me pls?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Hmm, I recall they were very handy for many small and quick jobs.

You could try selling them a small school tech department, BASIC is simple enough for kids to play with. If any of them want to take it further then the Z8 is still on sale these days I think.

As chips go I think they're probably reasonably useful, not skip fodder just yet.

Reply to
Kryten

Donate them to a community college.

They will have fun with the ancient technology. :-)

Reply to
Donald

How many do you have?

Pietr

Reply to
P.

what is it and how much??? will it work on my dell 410 workstation

Reply to
benspctoys

I have one of those chips - and therefore would appreciate a back up.

I also have one from Micromint programmed with Forth.

I am not sure if the code would easily move to a modern flash programmable Z8, nor if those devices have enough ram to make it a worthwhile undertaking.

I'm in the UK as you probably know.

Richard

Reply to
richard mullens