What does BA stand for as SMD component

Dear All; I am trying to analyse a blown up component on a SMD board.Does any one know what BA stands for? Does any one have a link for abbreviations used for devices used om SMD boards?

Reply to
pdfman

Obvious. Blows Apart.... Unfortunately, a lot of boards don't use the standards. A search on IEEE Std 315-1975, will find the IEEE standard, but I don't remember 'BA'. Rohm, do a whole range of parts starting with 'BA' (BA10324 for example), and then there is a whole family of transistors using this nomenclature (BA157 etc.. You may well be able to 'narrow' things a lot, from the package, and the nature of the circuit nearby.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

pdfman schrieb:

You should provide more information about the type, size, and package of the component...

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

An old Rohm data book from the 70s suggests BAxxx

B =3D Base Metal Silicon (material with a band gap of 1.0 to 1.3 eV)

A =3D Diode (except tunnel, power, zener diodes and radiation-sensitive diode, reference diode and voltage control, tuner diode).

xxx =3D The numbers following the letter are only used for consecutive numbering, they have no technical significance.

Reply to
administrator

snipped-for-privacy@datasheetarchive.com schrieb:

The question of the OP was far from being clear, that's why I asked for more details.

It is even unclear if he was looking for a component identifier starting with BA (in this case, it could be a european silicon diode as well as a japanese integrated circuit), containing BA (then it might be about anything) or for the SMD marking code on a small discrete (in that case, it might be a BCX54, for example).

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to