voltage references drift

Hello,

Voltage references has usually specified a parameter 'temperature drift limit', e.g. 10ppm per Celsius degree. What about long term issues related to this drift? Can the drift go above that limit after years? If so, how long period can I expect with drift as specified?

TIA

Reply to
mw158979

Some semiconductor manufacturers include graphs for specification derating over time. Everything drifts for one reason or another. Better add a potentiometer if that matters.

This one has a chart:

It would be better if showed aging for different temperatures. There can be a big difference in aging for 25C versus 100C.

--
Block Google\'s spam and enjoy Usenet again.
Reply with Google and I won\'t hear from you.

"Kevin McMurtrie" schrieb

No, I think they all are about accuracy drift, not related to temperature. Trimpot won't help for coefficiency exceeded.

thx

Reply to
mw158979

Stating the obvious perhaps, but a pot will generally do nothing positive for stability. A digital correction is often preferable.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Temperature usually makes a big difference in aging rates.

--
Block Google's spam and enjoy Usenet again.
Reply with Google and I won't hear from you.
Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

scroll to number 15

Mark