Tilt Switch

I have tried both ball bearing and mercury tilt switches. So far, both have kind of a stutter. That is, when you tilt them, the circuit is closes, opens momentarily, then is closes again. I really need one that doesn't have that momentary opening. Do you have any like that?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Trish

P.S. My angle of tilt requirement is flexible, but would ideally be around 30 degrees.

Reply to
Patty

Hi Patty,

This is a very common problem when interfacing the outside world to electronics...the contacts bounce a bit before making a continuous electrical close

So what you want is a debounce circuit added to your tilt switch. This is usually taken care in software these days, but you can add a resistor and a capacitor across the contacts to stretch the apparent closure time constant enough that the switch will settle down to fully closed.

Some examples:

And so on...

John :-#)#

 Click to see the full signature