Specification of current reading on multimeter

On Sat 03 Jan 14:16, Stuart wrote

Oh! Now that isn't what I was expecting.

I read what others have posted about the meter being based arounf a voltmeter which reads 200 mV at full scale.

I had inferred that the full scale deflection reading was dependent on the range chosen.

So, for example, the full scale reading on a 20 mA range would be

20 mA. (On the 2mA range it would be 2 mA.) And I then had the impression that when reading almost 20 mA on the 20 mA range, I would get the 200 mV drop mentioned in the specs.

Is that understanding wrong?

nikk

Reply to
nicola

Most of the supposed "C" rechargeables are nothing but an AA cell in a plastic sleeve to bulk it out to C dimensions.

Ever wonder why they are so light?

Reply to
nobody >

No, dope. Those are the 'batteries' from the beginning of the nmih realm.

Now, they are full density cells.

Maybe they are trying to match the weight of your brain.

So, NO, they are NOT 'supposed C cells', They are REAL C cells.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I don't think Mr. Lever understands very much about batteries or their recharging.

There's an old adage -- "An empty vessel makes the biggest noise."

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Must be why Billy responded. He likes to make noises.

Sorry, chump but it is you that doesn't understand much.

I notice that you snipped all the post that you are now claiming to refute. It would be interesting if you actually had enough brains to put together a proper refutation. Alas, you are not much better than Roy.

Yep... yer a geezer, and no, you are not in touch with reality.

Grizzled? No. More like frazzle brained.

So, Somejerk, you can f*ck off.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

No - it is correct.

The meter has a voltage drop of 200 mV at full scale - internally, it is a 200 mV full scale meter.

If you measure a current of 2 mA on the 2 mA scale, the meter will have a 200 mV voltage drop.

If you switch to the 20 mA scale, that 2 mA current will result in a

20 mV drop.

If you switch to the 200 mA scale, the 2 mA current will result in a 2 mV drop.

For any scale and current, the meter's voltage drop is: (current/full_scale) * 200 mV

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

That's nothing new. DimBulb has a long history of demonstating zero knowledge of everything. There is a long history behind his nickname, "Always Wrong".

DimBulb's head is *vacuum* empty.

Reply to
krw

Jeez dude. You can get a cheap $12 meter that has a much higher internal resistance at Harbor Freight or your local auto parts store.

Just get a better meter for the task.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Said the retarded f*ck that spent NO time actually reading the thread, and zero time refuting anything from a technical POV.

You suffer the same problem as SomeJerck does. Zero capacity to refute with facts. Good job, KeithKiethTard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Why do you think that insulting me is going to get me upset or do your reputation any good?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Have you got NOTHING better in your life to do than aggravate people needlessly ?

Playstation broken ?

Reply to
Eeyore

I've read the thread. You haven't fooled anyone here, DimBulb.

I see no need to refute *everything* you say, even though it's always wrong, AlwaysWrong . Others have done a good job here.

Reply to
krw

How can such an idiot actually think that he knows "what I think"?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

^^^^^^

^^^^^^ So Lever thinks higher resistance is better for measuring current!

ROTFLMAO

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL:

I was not referring to the shunt, you retarded twit.

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

Presuming that you are referring to me, since you addressed me at the top of your tripe, what exactly are these crimes you claim I have committed?

Just remember, cussing at retards in Usenet is not a criminal act, dipshit.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

-lol-

Thanks for revealing another nym.

If you have some more nyms handy you *could* try to explain how a higher resistance meter movement or DVM module with the same FSD could read a particular current at FSD with a lower resistance shunt, but then you'd have to understand basic electrical theory. I'm not holding my breath.

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL:
Reply to
IanM

I hear pots and kettles banging loudly...

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

No has to read your mind, when all you do is speak your mind.

"

Reply to
Jamie

"Shake, Rattle and Roll"