Search XC68704 datasheet &/o programmer schematic

I have a bunch of motorola XC68705P2S ( 28 pin cerdip quartz window) I read a brief datasheet about 6804 but till now haven't found a complete datasheet with a programming indication or schematic.

TIA delo

Reply to
delo

XC parts were Motorola's engineering samples. The datasheet for the production parts would be under the same number with MC instead of XC.

What sort of date code? A lot of those old NMOS parts make good room heaters, but not much else. ;-). Kind of hard to make a good portable project when the microprocessor takes 100 mA, (like the MC68705P3 does).

Dig, dig, dig. Damn, I have some stuff for that chip. The data for the '704P2 is on the MC6804J1 etc. datasheet, numbered ADI1248, order number MC6804J1/D, dated 1986. I also have the M6804 MCU Manual, order number DLE404/D, circa 1985.

This was their cheap chip for large volume low performance applications, so support was a lot less than for the 6805 chips. They are bit serial internally so a byte cycle take 12 bus clocks (oscillator divided by 4,

2 or 1), and up to 5 byte cycles per instruction. Looks like the '704P2 takes 160-250 milliwatts, ie. about 40 mA.

If you can't find it on the web, I can scan it, but it make take a while as it's about a 1 cm stack of stuff.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

By very first Thank You for your help...

the date code is: 1A30G8642 so , I guess, almost new... (21 years old!) on each tube is applied a label with handwritten QA responsible signature...

I found the MC6804J1 datasheet on the net but is only 17 pages and the J1 is only a 20 pin not a 28 as mines No I'm not trying to do anything of portable device, so not care about mA What I like to do is simply programming one of those device only for the sake to do it So the informations I need are a detailed pinout of 68704P2S, a schematic diagram of the eprom programming ( or the electrical and timing specs to do it) ( about

20 years ago I built a 8048 eprom programmer from intel dbook specs) Also is needed a programming model of the device (I guess there are only more i/o pin of A port).

That You understand the device is 6805 code similar (in serial processing) or different ? I searched and downloaded XASMs that support 6804 but haven't not tried yet.

Well a complete book will be the best but probably not so indispensable and I don't want abuse Your patience.

Also sorry for my english... I wrote from Italy.

bye delo

I try to send this You by email but not passed the antispam system ( btw I'm not a spammer...)

"Mark Zenier" ha scritto nel messaggio news:fg7rq3$tco$ snipped-for-privacy@eskinews.eskimo.com...

Reply to
delo

I did get a copy by email. Curious. I wonder if something ate my reply.

Anyway, for Delo and anyone else interested in obscure 20 year old microprocessors

the 6804 family MPU manual (5.4 MBytes)

the MC6804J1/J2/P2/704P2 datasheet (2.8 MBytes)

The ap. note for the '704P2 programmer board (800kBytes)