Re: Size of CRT screen keeps changing - loose connection?

"Jon D" schreef in bericht news:9733593903CA171E5D@...

Hi guys. I need some specilist help here. > > I am in the UK. The size of the visible part of the screen on my > 17inch CRT monitor on my desktop PC keeps changing slightly. >

I have had this problem with a Compaq V70 monitor, and only at certain refresh rates.

The problem was a "broken" resistor (33 kOhm in my case) within the horizontal deflection circuit, after using cold spray (or air upside down) the problem was pointing to this one resistor.

Good luck,

Ben -

Ben

Horizontal width, vertical height or both?

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

If the horizontal and vertical sizes vary but stay in step, it could most likely be a final anode (HV, EHT) voltage variation problem, or a PSU voltage variation problem.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse