Problem with the STK465 ( B or A ... ? )

I got a problem with the STK465.

The device I tried to replace was marked STK465 with a B on. ( that one is defective. )

The new one is not marked with the B, just STK465. When I measure the voltage at pin 4 and pin 13 with respect to ground, I got between +3.5 to +4 volts.

On the STK465 B I got -1.4 volts, what I did expected to measure according to the internal schematics.

I have tryed with 2 STK IC's, and they both get about the same readings.

Output (pin 7 or 11) from the amp. is very distorted. It clips at the negative half wave at low levels. At full power it looks like crossover distortion on the oscilloscope.

Is there any difference between the "old" STK465 B and the new STK465 that I get from the shop today ?

Anyone have some suggestions?

Reply to
Svein Helge