Markings on mil-spec fusible resistors?

I'm looking at some resistors in a old piece of mil-spec equipment and I think that they're supposed to be fusible (e.g. fail open, not shorted). They look like metal film 1/2W resistors, body is painted a bluish gray, and are marked, for example, red-purple-gold-gold-white. It seems to be a 2.7 ohm 5% resistor. Am I correct that the last (white) stripe indicates that they are fusible? Or is this some mil-spec quality stripe?

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

glenni

usenet can be soooo entertaining!

In addition:

Allodoxaphobia

As in the SNL skit, "it's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!"

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Tim, this appears to be a mil-spec designator for solderable leads on a RL20 (mil-r-22684) 1/2 watt metal film. They are very good resistors. This milspec was superceeded by RLR (mil-r-39017) which is the same part, but put through a tighter quality control. Mark

Reply to
truegridtz