looking for power transformer - no search results

have a Technics Graphic Equalizer, power transformer physically broken out of case due to a big thump/drop.

OK, 3 numbers stamped on the side, figured one or all of them would turn up in a Google search - nothing, zippo, zilch. Tried segments of each, nohing resembling part numbers for a power transformer.

Any help would be appreciated, even if somebody points me to which of the 3 is the best choice, as in the real "universal" part number, the one I should be searching for. Here they are -

P48U20*D (the * is a delta symbol) SLTK5K6 ETP48KL4A

Also has 653A on there, but disjoined from the other 3 numbers.

Thanks in advance. (If not too much trouble, also please reply to e-mail.)

Reply to
tom999

There is no standard numbering for transformers.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I expect that power transformers in mass-produced equipment are custom-made for the particular application.

You will probably have to get a replacement from Technics.

Reply to
Peter Bennett

Can you not wire it up and see what voltages it outputs?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Unfortunately, the jolt not only broke the plastic mounting frame, but it also ripped the wires right out of the pins. It's a mess :-)

It's an older piece of gear, but a good one. I'm trying to see if there is a quick fix (buy/replace xformer) rather than a long journey through OEM schematic, parts list, etc. Purely economics. X hours of my time taken up = just pitch it and buy a new one.

Thanks to all who replied.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Unfortunately, the jolt not only broke the plastic mounting frame, but it also ripped the wires right out of the pins. It's a mess :-)

It's an older piece of gear, but a good one. I'm trying to see if there is a quick fix (buy/replace xformer) rather than a long journey through OEM schematic, parts list, etc. Purely economics. X hours of my time taken up = just pitch it and buy a new one.

Thanks to all who replied.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

If it is solid state, probably no easy way. However if the power supply only puts out one voltage (center tapped?), you could hook it to a DC power supply and slowly increase the voltage until it works. Compare that with the voltage rating of the filter caps and see if you are close. That should get you close to the transformer voltage needed - shop around and see what you can find.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Look at the power supply board. You should be able to determine the secondary voltages required for function.

Most analog graphic equalizers simply require -/+ op amp supplies. Digital versions will require the additional digital rails.

RL

Reply to
legg

SLTK5K6 is the part number. Try Union Electronics -

Clik on catalog and search for the part number - 18 bucks, but not in stock.

Reply to
Brian

I looked at the catalog for unijunction transistors. They also were not in stock and seemed to command extremely high prices compared to Fry's.

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg