Allied tube power transformer

Several years ago I remember buying an Allied Electric branded
 power transformer similar to this one:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU70%009000#t
ab=overview

But if I recall correctly the unit I bought was somewhat smaller;
 the primary had no center tap and the filament winding was rated
 for just 300 mA.  It doesn't seem to be on their site anymore.
 Does anyone make a similar product?

At these power levels I'm wondering if it might be easier and
 cheaper to just use a switcher for B+.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Re: Allied tube power transformer
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/EDB262A12.pdf

Try Edcor too.

Or if you had an automotive application in mind,

http://seventransistorlabs.com/Images/Discrete_Tube_Supply.png

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Nice use of the "Forrest Mims" oscillator topology!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Re: Allied tube power transformer

Hmm, hadn't thought of that.  I pieced that together from scratch, but I
suppose some of the feedback bits are reminiscient.  It's not really a
multivibrator though, more like a monostable with a variably leaky
re-trigger.

Predecessors used feedback from the output transistor (gate or drain), but
as this varies with supply and load voltage, I try to avoid doing that.
Still, comparable performance and behavior (current mode control, no
feedback winding required) from four transistors wasn't too bad either.

Tim