Hall effect part strangeness

Hello from the Eighth Doctor About twenty-five years ago, Sprague was selling Hall Effect sensors. The UGN-3020 was one such device. Allegro inherited that line. About that same time period, those characters at RS, decided to sell them. I think they were selling them for about two dollars, per package of five. It turns out I have a survivor here. It and its datasheet, indicate that it behaves exactly like its descendant, the UGN-3120.

According to the Sprauge catalog of the day, that part number the original was being phased out in honor of the UGN-3120 series.

Now I suppose someone will ask what am I getting at. I am asserting that the part that RS sold, then, is the exact same device that Allegro is selling now. Incidentally the characters at RS are selling them again.

----- Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net "This signature has no comment."

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor