Freaky Amazing DMM?!

No need to concede anything, I have never said or meant to imply otherwise. You might be confusing me with some other poster. I was just saying that if you need a Low-Z meter it's best to use a meter designed for the job. It's quicker, it's safer, it's less hassle, and it's more foolproof. But each to their own.

You'll get no argument from me on that at all. FYI, I can't ever remember needing a Low-Z meter myself in the last 25 years, but I can certainly appreciate those who do have a use for one and find them very useful.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

krw used his keyboard to write :

I didn't say you had to use an analog meter. I said that they do not have the same problem. An analog meter "IS A LOAD" a DMM is NOT.

Reply to
Arlowe

No shit... exactly my point. A voltmeter with a high impedance is not the tool to use to test for live circuits....

Reply to
Arlowe

nd

e - I

Sparky, carry crap tools? Ok, you don't need much and evidently=20 can't handle a good tool.

Reply to
krw

It is exactly the right term. It is a high impedance meter that has a shunt added to cripple it's input impedance.

If it was a .1% meter with the .5% feature added, yes, it was "crippled".

It does one thing and one thing only. The uncrippled meter will work in a wider variety of circumstances, though we are getting pretty far from the original point.

Reply to
krw

In article , snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk says...>

Jump into a discussion late, with both feet, often?

Read the thread.

Wow! I'm impressed! For a sparky, you're pretty sharp, there.

Reply to
krw

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...>=20

:

ps.com...

s=20

or=20

y has

Mohms

bit

will=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

I=20

at=20

SO there *is* something wrong with a digital meter. I thought you=20 sparkys were just telling me that the display type didn't matter.

=20

You couldn't afford me. I understand electricity.

Reply to
krw

It happens that krw formulated :

bullshit. you are just another wannabe...

Reply to
Arlowe

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...>=20

te:

oups.com...

ims=20

" or=20

ley=20

und=20

aohms=20

y will=20

a=20

of=20

=20

e=20

at I=20

what=20

re

M=20

Heavens no! I have no interest in becoming a sparky. Crappy work,=20 low pay, and no fun.

Reply to
krw

krw laid this down on his screen :

Only for cable monkeys. Find the right niche and you can name your price.

Reply to
Arlowe

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...>=20

:

ed

rote:

groups.com...

laims=20

ce" or=20

of

thley=20

round=20

=20

hey=20

n a=20

the

s of=20

ho=20

the=20

=20

that I=20

g what=20

more

DMM=20

So even in a perfect niche it's still crappy work and no fun, but=20 pays well (doubt it). Even your perfect niche is two huge steps=20 down. No thanks. =20

Reply to
krw

It happens that krw formulated :

So you know nothing about working in the field...and you accuse me of not knowing how to use my tools?

lol

Reply to
Arlowe

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...>=20

te:

nned

legroups.com...

=20

ance"=20

t of

=20

DMM's=20

you=20

they=20

in a=20

n the

ons of=20

who=20

, the=20

=20

g that=20

ing=20

t more

ut

=20

a DMM=20

=20

I know enough to have a better life.

No, I accuse you of not understanding electricity.

Reply to
krw

Nice to know someone round here knows what they are doing!

Reply to
Stuart

Really? They both use resistive divider networks across the DUT.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That depends on what you consider a live circuit.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He was in electronics before you were a twitch between your daddy's legs.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Show me where he declared knowing nothing about the field.

You ain't real bright, making shit up from what you read and calling it fact, boy.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Both of you are idiotic to think that there is some inherent error or danger in using a DMM to observe an AC line.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

krw formulated on Friday :

Just goes to show you know nothing about the field.

Well, I am accusing you of the same.

Reply to
Arlowe