Evolube (possibly Elvolube).

Because I've already tried it and learned the hard way!

Reply to
ian field

When I clicked on the link to the pdf document it took me to a window that quoted a price to view the document.

Reply to
ian field

not

are

last

make out a

gets no

suggested

Ian, if you go to the link for ECL (as provided by mc), you will see that Evolube IS one of their products - as are the two I suggested. Evolube IS still available, BUT according to the applications listing for this product it is not recommended for switch contacts.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

them that I

Ian is trying to tell you that silicone grease is an insulator and is not suitable for use on switch contacts.

Silicone grease was banned for use anywhere near telephone exchange relays back in the 1960's because it was discovered that the grease "migrated" from the point of application and eventually onto the relay contacts, which then refused to pass signals. Silicone grease should never be used on switches or switch contacts for this reason.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Perhaps similar; I have a 50+ yo can of No-Ox made for terminals on battery strings. The only label data is "Bell System Property" but it may be the same thing as the "No-OX-ID Special" at sanchem.com; that site says it's cosmoline-like.

David Lesher