English translation of ELV "RIM 1000" battery tester instructions

English translation of ELV "RIM 1000" battery tester user manual wanted

There were posts in Google Groups about the RIM 1000 conductance battery tester by ELV. I've got a RIM 1000, but the instructions are in German and there is a BIG WARNING about polarity. So, before I start using this tester, I'd appreciate if someone could please translate how ALL the buttons work, and how to select the current 1A-10A for the batteries to be tested. Thanks in advance.

This is the link to the German ELV RIM 1000 instruction manual:

dennis702717

Why not run it through Babelfish? You'll get an idea of what it says.

--
 _____                     _    _
|_   _|                   | |  | |

Homer J Simpson schrieb:

He didn't want to fry his battery tester!;-)

But he has already got basic instructions in english due to posting same to de.sci.electronics.

Regards, Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Wiedmann

Hi dennis

Still need the translation? Do you want tho whole articel translated or just parts?

If you give me some time i will do it.

cb

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
cba01

Thanks for the offer, no longer needed, as I got the basic keyboard translation from another group, and some playing around.

If anyone is looking for a newbie's user reviews of this battery analyzer, my opinion is that it is too slow, and requires that the batteries be in an even state-of-charge, for comparison purposes, then you need a sample set to obtain an average, etc. etc.

It'll probably be in my "toys" shelf for a while.

Thanks, everyone, who helped.

cba01 wrote:

Reply to
dennis702717