Echo, Reverb, Flange, etc. effects module

hi

I'm trying to design an audo effects box for my own use at home and was thinking if there is any module for this purpose available or not. One of my friends told me that ART company had such an effect module which could produce about 250 effects. But i couldn't find the chip anywhere :( Any hints would be appreciated.

Cheers fara

Reply to
fara

Nowadays most people would do that by converting the signal to digital and using DSP.

There may have been custom chips used in gear made by some manufacturers such as ART; if so they were almost certainly Japanese, probably Matsushita I'd guess. Your odds of finding any are very low, and your odds of finding documentation are even lower. You might be able to scavenge from an effects pedal.

In the 1980s and perhaps early 90s, we'd have used "analog bucket brigade devices" (BBDs), playing tricks with the clock and the amount of feedback to get the effects you describe - essentially the same thing you'd do in DSP, only analog (and noisy as hell). But BBDs are also getting very hard to find, although at least there you can find some documentation. Check out some of Craig Anderton's older books on guitar effects, I think he talks about these.

Reply to
Walter Harley

Not quite single chip, but piss elegant chips anyway (and they'll sell 'em to you in small quantities).

a dac,a dsp, an adc and a micro to load parameters and job's done. M

Reply to
moby

hi

thank you for your comments. the wavefront is the type of thing i need. but do you know any other products in the same family? with more effects!!

i'm getting greedy :D

cheers fara

Reply to
fara