Dual gate MOSFET.

Gone are the days when I used to service TV sets and could easily obtain the occasional BF981 from a scrap tuner.

These days I obtain the occasional modern miniature tuners with very tiny SMD MOSFETs with no markings, The Peak/Atlas component analyser will read it as a MOSFET with the 3rd test lead connected to either gate in turn, but it can't tell which way round the d & s pins are or which gate is which.

Anyone know of a way to determine these finer points?

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

ian field schrieb:

Perhaps you have a short look at the data sheet(s) of NXPs BF99x series. They all share the same package and pinout and are pretty common.

.---. G2 -| |- D | | G1 -| |= S (larger) `---´

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to

Thanks that might work - do the far-eastern manufacturers follow the same pin layout?

Reply to
ian field

Nope, not always. It's all over the map, for example this one:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg