buttons for PCB mount Tactile switches

All of the nicele manufactured designs I've see put the small square snap action tactile buttons (little silver ones with the black rubber button) on the PCB and the button part you push is just a plastic mechanism with a rod behind it to push in the black rubber piece when the button on the panel is pressed.

This gives a nice click-click tactile feedback. Where can I find the plastic mechanism that drives teh pcb mounted tactile button. I don't know the name of the mechanism so I'm havine a hard time searching for it.

OR alternatively, who knows of a 1/4" - 1/2" panel mount button (preferably round) that has low travel and snap action for tactile feedback. The plunger can't protrude too far out passed the body or it might get damaged.

thanks.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

Rapid electronics do them. There are a number of switches and buttons here...

TT_Man