95 VAC to 120 VAC Treshold Detector

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Good point. Also, LED's have a largely constant forward voltage drop, so it's not the voltage that must be controlled, but the current.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

I have a full wave bridge rectifier as the first component of this circuit.

Also, it does seem like the controller needs to "see" a load out there. I plugged a regular stage light in the DMX controller along with one of my LED lights in paralell on the same DMX outlet, and both the stage light and LED light click on and off like they should. So it's now clear to me that the DMX is looking for the same type of load to function like it should.

Which sucks, because the entire point of me making the LED lamps was to save on power consumption, as well as other perks that LEDs have to offer.

Reply to
Dr. Phibes