What is with DSE lately?

Lets face it, there is lot more profit in iPods, TVs, laptops etc than resistors, capacitors, and chips.

Reply to
keithr

And the former usually have a bar code for the check out chick to scan! Otherwise they have no idea what it is.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I was in a QLD DSE store on Friday, and noticed that the section where they used to have the components such as knobs, switches fuses terminal blocks etc, had been completely cleared out and other stuff was being stacked in its place. For example (As you can see in the bottom) that looks like boxes of CFL's of all things.

Maybe Im not observant, but I didnt know DSE stocked standard 240v Bulbs or CFL's in the past.

took this pic.

The area in the next aisle where they had the kits, blank pcb and "bigger" stuff was also at the beginning of being dismantled. The 3rd aisle with the tools, (like soldering irons, CRO, wires and cables) was untouched.

Whether this was a permanent dumping of these items from stock, or just a routine store re-arrangement of stock, stock take, or cleaning exercise I don't know.

NOTHING else in other "departments" of the store appeared to have been dropped from stock or moved around.

I will take a look in a week or 2 if I need anything there.

Reply to
KR

I hope they have another clearance sale of kits etc like they did a year or two back, some real bargains were had, almost give-away prices. The webs site used to have a way to search for al lthe clearance items, but I can't find it any more.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones