special 330nF/100V wanted!!!

Hello everybody! I can't find anywhere such capacitor, could you advice where can I buy it?

330nF/100V or 63V ( 250pcs. ) isolation PPS type: SMR10 334K100A03L4 EVOX RIFA or SMR10 334K63A01L4 EVOX RIFA

please respond on : snipped-for-privacy@dgtronik.com.pl

thank you in advance.

Adam Szostek DGTronik

Reply to
news

In another NG you said that you had tried the Poland distributor for EVOX RIFA and they couldn't help you with these parts I am wondering just how you approached them.

Not meaning to criticise, but in my experience when I have needed a component which was not carried in stock in my country all I had to do was tell the distributor "I wish to place an order for XYZ..." They would then tell me "OK, but our minimum order value/qty is (value/qty) and we will indent them from the manufacturer...". Now I don't know the unit cost of the caps you want but I feel confident that a qty of

250 might just come close to the required value. Even if it didn't then just order a few more and you'll have some spare. If the extra stock is a problem you can't use or sell, then explain to your customer (I assume there is one for these caps) that you will have to charge for the total of the indent value. Or, don't tell him and cover your indent cost plus profit, that's what a distributor does by insisting on a minimum order value, so you are no different.

Of course there is the alternative of finding an equivalent from another manufacturer or buying in from overseas suppliers who do have them. I suppose you did try Google to look for alternative sources for Metallized Polyphenylene Sulfide caps?

For example Dearborn

Ask them to quote on a suitable type.

Next step if that doesn't succeed, research on the manufacturers of film capacitors. (bottom half of this page)

I'm sure one of them can help.

Reply to
Ross Herbert
330nf green cap from 63vac to 100vdc 330nf polyester 600vac to 2000vdc

ph 02-97979866 fax 02-97166015 thay are in sydeny

Reply to
crazy frog

Hi! unfortunately distributors stocks are completely empty... we are checking the equivalents from site you mentioned. Thanks Adam

Uzytkownik "Ross Herbert" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

it?

Reply to
news

Yes, I realise that the distributor doesn't have stock. However, the job of a distributor is to act on your behalf and get the stock you require in for you providing you place an order in accordance with the minimum value/qty as stipulated by that company. They can't just say "we don't have stock" and forget about you. They MUST take your order or you would have a case to take direct to the manufacturer complaining about the lack of representation of their product by the distributor. At least that's how it works here...

Why don't you ask the distributor what is the minimum order value/qty for indented stock?

In component sourcing there are always ways and means of getting what you want... you just have to know how to be persuasive.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Sorry, but green caps and polyester are not equivalent to metallized Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS). PPS is the replacement for Polycarbonate in caps.

Without knowing just what the application and working environment are for the caps I would be hesitant to simply swap PPS for MKT or polyester film. They may well work,but.....

Reply to
Ross Herbert

will metalised poly 250vdc 160vac axial work.

Reply to
crazy frog