Re: video surveillance

>Does anybody know of a home video surveillance system? > >I have a neighbor who has been periodically vandalizing our property >over the past 3 years. I want to set up a hidden camera system to >record him. The police said they can't do anything unless I catch him >on camera. > >He does a couple hundred $ of damage per year. And I'm afraid for the >safety of my family. > >My budget is about $300 but maybe can go higher. I have a good working >pc I can use for a system. > >Any suggestions/ideas helpful. > >Thanks, > >FrankLee

Cheapest is probably a webcam with motion detect software to only grab stuff with motion. My Creative cam came with such s/w. I always figured it would be good to have it ftp the evidence off-site in case theives stole the cam and PC but if it's only outdoor vandalism you can skip that nicety.

John

Reply to
John