Re: Just bought.....

ail, or

ideos of

d...

> >> =A0theobviousgcashman > > > >Haha didn't know you cared! > > > Sure do! > > > You're funnier than television. > > > In a crazy deluded kind of way. > > That's putting it mildly. > > > > > >Here's my $5000 12V setup, microwave and fridge got working this > > >morning. > > > Hmm... not very impressive. What are we supposed to be seeing? > > I have no idea what that thing is supposed to be. Seems like a really > shitty plug set up for $500, let alone $5000. It would worry me if it's > pulling any major current. I have some not very expensive speaker cables > that have much better locking plugs on them. Just turn a little knob and > they aint coming out unless you want them to.

Yep that was the connection that came with the 1000W Inverter.

That's why I drew the schematic to show ZERO SURFACE AREA of metal to metal contact.

This is the after pic, I only left it up for the day.

Block the Satellite LASER2SONIC mindreading/mindspeaking

My face was puffy in the Tank photo.

Herc

Reply to
Graham Cooper

of

??????????

Your face isn't in the Tank photo.

Shill #2

-- Ears on the loon go round and round, round and round, round and round... theobviousgcashman

Reply to
Government Shill #2

ore

y a

A microwave is pretty simple, takes as much power as an aircon but only run it 5 - 10 minutes a day.

$5000 included my $3000 battery stack which is way more than you need. But it will keep the batteries lasting forever, run the fridge during a month of cloud.

This is the $80 20 AMP charger I'm using until I wire up the Amorphous Panels.

For a microwave, or a bit more to add a 12V fridge..

1 150AH battery $700 (I'm using 4 - see pic) 1000W Inverter $800 200W panels $600 20AMP regulator $80

wire.. clips.. bolts.. ladder..

I'm going to look for a variable power microwave this week and the bread maker, they're only 500W x 3hrs, then I should be able to get by on my own resources for a few months at a time.

Herc

Reply to
Graham Cooper

or

of

Why don't you have any power Herc???

Oh, of course.

WTF????

--
BDK- Head FUD-Master Blaster. Friend to all kOOkbashers.
Reply to

efore

buy a

A bread maker is far less than 500W x 3 hours. For the first 2 hours they are only mixing, kneading and waiting. More like 20W for those two. The baking cycle in the last hour draws the most power.

Reply to
Brad

e:

ies

before

d to

d buy a

OK, Good Guys has a few I'll get the $90 cheapie Kambrook, the less features the better and check out the power requirements of the others.

Still can't find a continuous power level microwave...?

Herc

Reply to
Graham Cooper

I've read about situations like that in the U.S. as well, but only when the home is well away from existing infrastructure. Past a certain distance (1/4 mile?), the utility will charge by the foot to run service lines. Get too much farther, and the hookup charge will pay for an off- the-grid setup. That's when solar & wind start making good sense. I think the "billing charge" portion of the bill here is nominal. Once you're connected, nearly all the cost is for usage. $400/yr just to stay connected seems outrageous.

Why even bother with a bread maker? Making the bread by hand isn't really that tough, just mixing the ingredients, kneeding, etc. It's helpful to have a small power mixer to mix the ingredients, but that's a good general-purpose tool. The only other thing you need power for is to cook the bread, and for that you use a general-purpose oven. To me, those bread makers are impractical gadgets. If you really want to be independent, you may even be able to find an old wood-fired range (not a "wood stove" that's just a heater) and do all your cooking with wood. They're not the most convenient, taking a while to heat up or change temperature, but if you have a supply of wood nearby, they do the off-the-grid bit very well. Just be sure to clean and adjust it properly before use, and to vent it adequately.

Reply to
BruceS

How are those cables (the ones with covered with insulating tape) actually joined?

If they're just twisted together, they're a fire hazard.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Herc is a permanent walking hazard.....

Reply to
Fred Nurk

before

buy a

I split the 200AMP cable into 8, and the 2 150AMP cables into 4 each.

| //// === \\\\ |

then I could get them hot enough to take solder.

It should be capable of about 300AMP-400AMP and only runs 100AMP max, will get it down to 50AMP if I can find a variable power microwave.

It doesn't even get warm running the microwave, but since I had to do the cables myself I made the loss as small as possible.

problem is it takes 600mA just sitting there... about 3 of my 30 solar panels just for standby.

Herc

Reply to
Graham Cooper

before

So they're soldered. OK.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

before

12V * 600mA = 7.2 watts. Do your panels really deliver a total of 72W?

sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

e:

ies

) before

at

ed to

ld buy a

.
1 amp each amorphous. 8 hours / day effective

= 30/3 = 10 AMP = 120W continuous on a sunny day (plus night).

Actually they're not installed yet, my drainpipe water has improved but still murky and needs a pressure cleaner.

So I'll pressure clean the whole roof while I'm up there before I install the remainder of the panels.

Also have 2 monocrystalline, 80W each will run a fan, light, and peltier coolers during the day.

i.e have a main 24 hour 600AmpHour system.

and with my old battery stack will only have enough charge to run from

10am to 10pm if I rig it right.

I have a solar panel powering a 3W LED LAMP all day and into the evening save hitting the light switch.

So will use the same solar regulated system to kick in fans and peltier coolers to stop food spoilage. i.e. peltier coolers running at 10% capacity to keep under 20 degrees.

Shed heats up during the day, has to be countered.

Herc

Reply to
Graham Cooper