Re: Australian Dollar just walked through 1.07AUD to the USD exchange rate.

You believe anything Meanwhile the OZ dollar is climbing well ahead of GOLD (in US $'s)

--
Petzl
Battle Hymn of the Republic

Used a lot in electrical and electronic devices

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

Not much at all in fact. And when it is, its used in such small amounts that it has no effect on the price of the device even when the price of silver goes up by ten times.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Have noticed recently that the prices in the US have risen and with the AUS dollar on the rise we are not saving as much as one would imagine.

The US have to buy the product and its costing them more and they can't keep prices at the same old rate.

Reply to
Rob

rate.

That is very true thankfully for the end consumer.

Reply to
kreed

Rob wrote

is going up even faster

Not by that much with electronic stuff.

imagine.

Depends on what you want to buy.

Thats very arguable when the yuan is losely locked to the USD.

Thats very arguable with electronic stuff.

Reply to
Rod Speed

e rate.

silver is going up even faster

uld imagine.

Electronic stuff typically gets cheaper and/or more powerful over time. Computers, at an incredible rate.

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

rate.

imagine.

And it aint just electronics stuff now that very little of the cheap stuff is made in the US anymore.

Its not that incredible.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ting

What have I done? Worked my arse off to ahieve continued market success and increase margins. The company will survive in Australia with the technology remaining here. I could just take the easy way out and leave as you suggest, or we could keep afloat with hard work. Whatever we do, we can't influence the forex.

Reply to
Geoff C

Then they would be exceedingly foolish not to and so would the bank/fund loaning the money.

Reply to
terryc

what was that phrase you used? Oh, survile(?) employee.

And have the opportunity, but with your attitude, you would fail to understand why companies very much depend on employees who do what the company wants.

Reply to
terryc

That is very true.

Currencies don't float - they just sink at different rates.

n Australia than they can at home in the USA,

t of the world, so it is a no brainer that they

the billions loaned out to buy large capital

Reply to
kreed

rate.

imagine.

made in the US anymore.

Computers and bits, in the US, are more expensive than Australia.

Reply to
Rob

kreed wrote

rate with the USD.

Some do, and china's would if they let it in spades.

They dont let it because that would damage their exports severely.

Japan did the same thing until the Plaza agreement.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rob wrote

rate.

silver is going up even faster

imagine.

Thats just plain wrong. The kindle isnt, and neither is the ipad.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You heard that years ago... it's gone up to 7c now!

Reply to
Clocky

terryc wrote

And its been true that our interest rates have been substantially higher than theirs for the whole of your pathetic excuse for a lifetime too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Which rock have you been under?

Reply to
terryc

A very slimy one ?

--
Reply to
atec77

terryc wrote

theirs for the whole of your pathetic

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead.

Get one to help you before posting again.

If anyone is actually stupid enough to let you anywhere near one.

Reply to
Rod Speed