Panasonic split system air conditioner

I have one of these which is quite OK except for one thing. The air outlet flap will not go in the horizontal (across ceiling of room) position. The stepper motor that drives it is working OK as evidenced by the fact that the flap does open and move slightly. The flap itself moves easily but the motor never takes it to the horizontal position despite being commanded to by the remote (and yes, that works OK otherwise, and in fact does alter the position, but never to the horizontal) BTW on heat this of course is not expected as a body of hot air is quite useless next to the ceiling (and trying to rise!) but on cooling it should be OK.

Reply to
Suzy

"Suzy the anonymous brain dead bitch "

( snip off topic rambling verbal diarrhoea - peee uuuukkkeeee)

** YOU are a TROLLING BLOODY IDIOT

And a PITA, moronic net cop.

PISSSS OFFFFF

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I guess that "Phillis' is on the rag, again. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'd check to see what it uses for home and limit switches, and watch to see whether the mechanism is jamming at some point and causing the stepper to skip steps, or it could even be sensing excess current and reversing as a result.

Reply to
Russ

Phil you old silly old nut - she's got you killfilled. Perhaps if you try to be a little more polite and helpful, she might be willing to un-killfile you!

Reply to
Russ

"Russ"

** This is off topic SHIT - Russ.

Makes you just as bad as the brainless, TROLLING net cop bitch to post here about it.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Exactly, Russ. He *was* once kind to a friend of mine and answered a query very helpfully, some years ago (or was that Rod Speed -- I forget) (Perhaps they are one and the same?). He told me so I unkillfiled Phil only to read once again his torrent of pathologically combative stuff. I've concluded that anyone with any electronic knowledge of some depth would not need to behave the way he does. He obviously lacks confidence and/or a good woman!

Reply to
Suzy

Russ

Thank you very much for what seems an eminently sensible suggestion (which of course I should have thought of!) I'll struggle up the stairs with a step ladder and see what I can see. Any other ideas from you or anyone else who knows these things would be more than welcome...

Reply to
Suzy

Then you haven't heard?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Russ, I thought I'd give you some feedback re the Panasonic airconditioner. I posted here thinking it was probably electronic related (stepper motor driver or somesuch). Anyway, the first thing I found was that the plastic spigot on the end of flap where it engages with flats on the stepper motor was split. This might have been caused by (me) forcing the vent and attempting to hold it open with a matchbox! Having wired this split temporarily closed (awaiting a new one) I searched for limit switches. None. Anyway, unplugged motor (little computer connector) moved flap to where it should be in the cycle, and plugged in motor again. A sort of crude reset. All is OK now. Thanks again

Reply to
Suzy

Probably uses load-sensing. It's a good idea to stop on overload regardless of position, in case someone tries to jam it with a matchbox or somesuch :-).

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

But I think I split the spigot by doing just that so evidently it did not work! Anyway, OK for now...

Hey, what with people taking LCD TV's to the cricket and old birds jamming matchboxes into air conditioners (when they're not sticking knitting needles into IF cans) it's good we have you level-headed blokes to sort us out!

Reply to
Suzy