Luxeon, Cree, et al - LED questions

I need to supply a couple of high power LEDs for an application next Saturday. Time is short and I will need a local supplier. I've looked at the usual suspects (Jaycar, Farnell and RS). RS seems to have the best, most economical solution so far. I will entertain others. Here is what I am doing:

  • High power blue LED. Dunno about 'Royal Blue' or regular blue.
  • I need to focus the beam as much as possible. It's for a small mirror ball. I note that Luxeon make 80 Lumen blue LEDs, but the gruntiest one I can locate is 30 Lumen.

Any assistance for a local supplier would be appreciated.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Cutter have Cree XPE in Blue and Royal Blue:

Blue is 40lm @ 350mA, but they can be safely driven at up to 1A if desired.

Lenses to match:

They have constant current drivers too. This one is good for direct mains connection, LPC-35-700:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones