how to convert voltage level of PPM signal.. see CRO pic

Hello,

I wish to convert the following ppm signal (+.3V to -1.2V at about 500hz) to 0V to 5V levels.

How can I do this. Thanks.

Reply to
bonga77

wrote ......

You must be a software dude ;)

Did you have the osc. input DC-coupled? It looks like an AC-coupled signal. In any case, you can clamp the negative excursion to 0V with a simple circuit.

Then just use a NPN transistor to level-shift to 0-5V.

Reply to
yaputya

Looking at my notes,I did have it ac coupled. Sorry. I'll check the signal tonight dc coupled, get a pic, and post back when I know what I want.

Thanks

Reply to
bonga77

Ok. This is it for sure. I wish convert the following signal to 0-5V levels. I'll work on the info that yaputya has offered but welcome any guidance or advice on this.

My electronics knowledge doesn't venture too much past passive components and ohms law. Thanks.

bonga77

I've given a day to it and have decided I'm not capable of this.

I was trying to convert a ppm signal coming out of my expensive rc transmitter to something that was usable with other tx gear.

I think I'll just buy a cheap transmitter .

Thanks Yaputya.

Gavin.

Reply to
bonga77