Faulty Sony Trinitron 32" widescreen available in Sydney.

Someone who reads

is trying to rid themselves of a faulty TV as per the subject line. According to the terms of that group, it must be free. They responded to a posting I made, but it's too big for me.

I don't consider it appropriate to provide contact details here, but if someone were to subscribe to that group and post saying they wanted such a TV, I imagine they'd get a response.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

So this dude has a faulty Trinitron, doesn't think it's worth fixing, can't sell it, and is too lazy to take it to the tip or recycling depot . So he want's somebody to come and dispose of it for him.

Or am I just too cynical ?

geoff

Reply to
geoff

Yes, you are. Better for someone to take the TV and use it for parts or repair it than have it on the tip.

Reply to
John

Sometimes that is a fair summary of some offerings on Freecycle, but OTOH, if you want an old couch for the dog to s;eep on in the shed, just the place.

The really good bit is the members who spam list far and wide for some item that could be purchased new for less that the cost of petrol of driving to collect it.

Nope.

Reply to
terryc

It probably hasn't occurred to him to try to sell a faulty TV, and it's unlikely to be economic for him to get it repaired. But someone with the necessary skill might repair it themselves and have a nice widescreen TV.

In this case, yes. As I said, he responded to a request of mine, but what he has is too big for my purpose.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else