Ad Blocker

There already is an Ad blocker. The ABC.

tim

Dave, several years ago, I heard about a device (may have even been integral to VCR's, etc) used in Japan, to Edit out ad's in Western Movies. You see, Western Movies had sub-titles but the ad's didn't, so, if there were sub-titles the machine would record, if none (i.e. most likely an ad) no record.

As a lot of shows no have sub-titles for the hearing impaired, perhaps a similar device would work.

Daniel

Daniel

Thanks Daniel

I do think there is a chance of using the sub-titles and /or Teletext stuff for this. I am still battling with the line selector, as whichever way I go , I will need to isolate the applicable lines.

At the moment, I have so much real work to do that I have no time to play with this. After 30 June I will probably get back to it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Goldfinch

Find the manual for an old Tektronix 529 waveform monitor. It has a nice stable line select circuit built with discrete components.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida