500v electros

G'day All Is there any source of 22-25uF 500v electrolytic caps (Guitar valve amp) around the place (Oz)?? or do I have to go the series road ??

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

"Rheilly Phoull"

** EVATCO have 22 uF @ 500 volt, radial style.

Click on "capacitors - chassis " on the home page.

Might be cheaper to use two 47 TKR 350 volt radial caps from WES, mounted back to back.

............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss" = human garbage

** Harrarse does not think and has no functioning memory.
** The monumentally pig ignorant Harrarse has never even seen a commercial guitar amp.
** The OP is after a 22uF cap - f****it.

That means it is a decoupling cap after the rectifier stage and filter choke.

** God I hope the pile of crap electrocutes you - HARRARSE !!!

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

One day Rheilly Phoull got dressed and committed to text

Thanks Folks :-)

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

I think the highest electros go is about 560V from memory, it's better to go to series caps each fed with it's own separate winding and bridge rectifier, or alternatively a centre tapped tranny with a single bridge and seriesed caps as you would for

  • - type power supply. I did that with my valve amp after I got a good deal from Rockby on some 375V electros.

Mark Harriss

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Two 350V caps back to back are just going to go BANG on

500V aren't they Phil, stop talking out your arse and try some logic d*****ad. That would work if they were in series, Rheilly doesn't want a non polarised cap which is what you just suggested.
Reply to
Mark Harriss