500v electros

G'day All
Is there any source of 22-25uF 500v electrolytic caps (Guitar valve amp)
around the place (Oz)?? or do I have to go the series road ??
--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

Click on "capacitors - chassis " on the home page.
Might be cheaper to use two 47 TKR 350 volt radial caps from WES, mounted back to back.
............. Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
"Mark Harriss" = human garbage
** Harrarse does not think and has no functioning memory.
** The monumentally pig ignorant Harrarse has never even seen a commercial guitar amp.
** The OP is after a 22uF cap - fuckwit.
That means it is a decoupling cap after the rectifier stage and filter choke.
** God I hope the pile of crap electrocutes you - HARRARSE !!!
............ Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
One day Rheilly Phoull got dressed and committed to text
Thanks Folks :-)
-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to
Rheilly Phoull
I think the highest electros go is about 560V from memory, it's better to go to series caps each fed with it's own separate winding and bridge rectifier, or alternatively a centre tapped tranny with a single bridge and seriesed caps as you would for + - type power supply. I did that with my valve amp after I got a good deal from Rockby on some 375V electros.
Mark Harriss
Reply to
Mark Harriss
Two 350V caps back to back are just going to go BANG on 500V aren't they Phil, stop talking out your arse and try some logic dickhead. That would work if they were in series, Rheilly doesn't want a non polarised cap which is what you just suggested.
Reply to
Mark Harriss