Gas discharge bulb

The guy finally tested it and it did not do the job.

The good news is he was able to get a good, used unit locally.

So his shop has two working units.

Reply to
philo

Yes, I used a big halogen lamp MANY years ago, and had VERY long exposure times. A 400 W mercury vapor lamp with the outer glass shield removed did a little better. Then, I finally switched to a different photoresist that was more sensitive, and now use filtered black light tubes and have about 1 minute exposures. (This is for PC board resist, not silk screens, so their emulsions might still need a lot more light.)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Well, at least he now as a 1500 watt floodlight if he needs one.

Reply to
philo