Bentley 100C B&W portable TV.

But I had a customer drag in a Bentley 100C the other day. "This looks familiar." So a bit of rooting around in a closet and I found it's brother. Customer TV makes noise, and a barely visible white horizontal line. Mine is totally dead.

So a bit of poking about I found this:

Cute little set. And about as useless as t*ts on a nun now.

Anybody every find a manual / schematic for this thing?

Jeff

--
?Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.?
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus

frame collapse. trace the wires back from the yoke to the pcb, look for an i.c with at least 6 or 8 pins, probably heatsinked, or a pair of transistors. start there. check there is a supply voltage, usually between 20 and 60v, probably from a secondary of the big black line output transformer. could be an open resistor in this feed.

well, have you checked for missing voltages inside? bad solder joints? protection diode near 12v inlet?

-B

thankies, I'll post the resutls in a day or so.