MTD concat HOW-TO?

I have two separate flash devices located at different addresses. I want to use the MTD concat kernel functionality to make the two devices appear as one device. I have configured the kernel to support MTD concat. However, I don't know how to get it actually working. I have searched extensively for a HOW-TO on MTD concat, but have found none. Does anyone have anymore information on this subject?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Carlisle

Probably the easiest solution would be to write a map driver of your own (its not that hard, really). Examples to look at would be:

maps/dilnetpc.c maps/ceiva.c maps/sc520cdp.c

(You might want to look at the last two first because the dilnetpc sample is a bit more tricky than the others. It uses concat on top of partitions, i.e. it splits the physical flash into partitions and uses concat to put them together again (in a different oder, though).)

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com