Merry Christmas, everyone

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

--
John Fields
Reply to

Bah, humbug!

Thanks, - Win

whill_at_picovolt-dot-com

Reply to
Winfield Hill

And I hope you have a wonderfull one too.

My christmas wish: Mathew Orman is right, and his FTL cables work.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Fields wrote (in ) about 'Merry Christmas, everyone', on Wed, 24 Dec 2003:

Your euchronic felicitations are cordially reciprocated.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

Merry Xmas to you too, and everyone at s.e.* and a.b.s.e

Best wishes from cold and cloudy Liverpool, UK.

Costas

Reply to
Costas Vlachos

Indeed! For the next few days, we can all go around wishing each other season's greetings, basking in a glow of Christmas goodwill. Then in January we can get back to the usual sorry-arsed state of affairs for another year.

--
"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
                                                                   - Winston
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Burridge

At least the shopping and wrapping will soon be over. Snarl.

That will be a relief.

Oh, I've always wondered: how do you guys pronounce 'arse'?

And is 'gaol' pronounced like our 'jail'?

John

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'Merry Christmas, everyone', on Wed, 24 Dec 2003:

'a' as in 'father'. 'r' is sounded. 's' as in 'sugar', not as in 'cause'.

Yes. We use 'jail' as well.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

--
So, like 'harsh' with a silent 'h'?
Reply to

And a cheerful Bah, humbug to you as well Win!

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Or even two silent "h"s

Reply to
Mjolinor

We simply say it in such a way that it rhmyes with "farce" (an absurd comedy - the pronunciation of which is the same in the US as here)

--
"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
                                                                   - Winston
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Burridge

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Fields wrote (in ) about 'Merry Christmas, everyone', on Wed, 24 Dec 2003:

Two silent h's. NOT 's' as in 'sugar'; 's' as in 'senior moment'!

It WAS pronounced with 'sh' at the end in the dim and distant past.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

--
Boyhood habits are hard to break?^)
Reply to

Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

---------- (seen on Groklaw)

From me (hereinafter referred to as "the wishor") to you (hereinafter referred to as the "wishee") Please accept without obligation, except as stated herein, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2001, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms:

  1. This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

  1. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

  2. This greeting is communicated "as is" and implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes, nor does it create any warranties of any kind, except as expressly stated herein.

  1. This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

  2. This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

  1. The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

  2. Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Savior", or any other festive figures, whether real or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party's names and images are hereby acknowledged.

Thanks, - Win

whill_at_picovolt-dot-com

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Thanks. You too. Happy holidays to all.

-- Mike

Reply to
Active8

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I thought that was the egg nog? ;o)

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

Yes, a local legal firm wished me, but did not imply or guarantee, a Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III

[A Politically Correct...] Season's Greetings

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all; plus, A fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year

1999, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of the other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regards to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for him/herself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

-----

Ben Bradley