Cyclone II PCI & Pin Swapping

I'm implementing a PCI104+ board which will have the opencores PCI bridge core. I've started with the suggested layout from Alteras PCI Megacore. But the choice of pins does not lend to a really clean layout. If I swap some of the pins around it will clean up quite a bit. I'm wondering if I'm asking for timing problems if I do this. I'm only planning to run the PCI at a leasurely 33Mhz, so I'm guessing it won't be a problem, as long as I keep it in the same pair of banks (5 & 6). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks

Joey

Reply to
joey

As long as you have the right timing constraints in Quartus II, swap around the pins and give it a whirl. 33 Mhz PCI is pretty easy to meet in any Cyclone II device.

Regards,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis