Want books about real-time embedded systems

I am currently reviewing the firmware of a real-time embedded
application. The application was first developed about 8 years ago and
was maintained by a group since then. I will determine whether it needs
merely a face-lift or even a marrow implantation. It is kind of sys
eng.'s task. I have years' experience in developing embedded hardware
and software, but I am lack of system-level training on system-level
embedded application design. Could anybody please recommend me some
books or links for system-level embedded application design?

I care about the system structure only such as how to assign the tasks
and allocate the resources. The application is based on ARC MQX RTOS,
but I believe the knowledge should be applied to other RTOSs as well.

Thanks.

Johnson

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems

Well, when I mentioned the tasks and the resources, I meaned those
inside of the embedded system, not manpower. I am not project manager.

Thanks.

Johnson

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems

Tey this one:

'An embedded software primer' by David E. Simon.
ISBN 0-201-6159-X

Ian

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems
You will find articles about Embedded System Design at:

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra /

--
EventStudio System Designer 2.5 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
Sequence Diagram Based Real-time and Embedded System Design Tool

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems
I just looked into the link, and it is really great. I will recommed it
to my friends.

Thanks.

Johnson

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems

As usual those decide which have least knowledge.

Rene

Re: Want books about real-time embedded systems

Thank you very much for your comments and recommendation. It is really
a big help.

Johnson

Site Timeline