Want books about real-time embedded systems

I am currently reviewing the firmware of a real-time embedded application. The application was first developed about 8 years ago and was maintained by a group since then. I will determine whether it needs merely a face-lift or even a marrow implantation. It is kind of sys eng.'s task. I have years' experience in developing embedded hardware and software, but I am lack of system-level training on system-level embedded application design. Could anybody please recommend me some books or links for system-level embedded application design?

I care about the system structure only such as how to assign the tasks and allocate the resources. The application is based on ARC MQX RTOS, but I believe the knowledge should be applied to other RTOSs as well.

Thanks.

Johnson

Reply to
Johnson

Well, when I mentioned the tasks and the resources, I meaned those inside of the embedded system, not manpower. I am not project manager.

Thanks.

Johnson

Reply to
Johnson

Tey this one:

'An embedded software primer' by David E. Simon. ISBN 0-201-6159-X

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

You will find articles about Embedded System Design at:

-- EventStudio System Designer 2.5 -

Sequence Diagram Based Real-time and Embedded System Design Tool

Reply to
EventHelix.com

As usual those decide which have least knowledge.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Thank you very much for your comments and recommendation. It is really a big help.

Johnson

Reply to
Johnson

I just looked into the link, and it is really great. I will recommed it to my friends.

Thanks.

Johnson

Reply to
Johnson